https://www.kyogle.nsw.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Mallanganee-Slip.jpg 418 627 janelle https://www.kyogle.nsw.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/kyogle-council-nsw-logo-2019.png janelle2022-03-14 11:11:572022-03-14 11:11:57Kyogle Roads update – 14 March 2022
One lane of the Bruxner Highway past the landslip on the Mallanganee Range has opened to traffic.
The highway was re-opened late on Saturday.
Traffic flow is being controlled by on-site traffic controllers. One lane of the highway is expected to remain open while work to remediate the land slip continues over the next week or two.
The opening of the Bruxner Highway follows the opening on Friday afternoon of Kyogle Road at the Cawongla Range.
Traffic lights are controlling the flow of traffic past the Cawongla landslip.
The road will close from 8.30am-3.30pm weekdays to allow works to continue to remediate the landslip and repair the road.
Other roads that remain closed that have detours in place are:
• Dyraaba Road (grading the northern end of Dyraaba Road has started)
• Lillian Rock Road (the landslip has deteriorated and Council is assessing whether temporary solution is still achievable)
• Tunglebung Creek Road
• Geneva Street, Kyogle
Roads (isolating residents) that are closed are:
• The slip on Dugans Road has deteriorated again, and works to reopen the road will continue this week.
• Capeen Creek Road remains closed at the last bridge. There are two load limited bridges between Old Bonalbo and the last bridge. Council has to construct side tracks around these two bridges before we can repair the damaged bridge. This work is expected to take a couple of weeks to complete.
Residents in these areas that need assistance should contact the SES either by phone 132 500 or via the SES website https://www.ses.nsw.gov.au/
Council is still assessing its road network and appreciates your help in identifying problems. You can report issues by:
• Calling Kyogle Council business hours 02 6632 1611 after hours and emergency number 02 6626 6800
• Emailing email@example.com
• On line at https://www.kyogle.nsw.gov.au/…/jobs-news…/contact/