FIVE SIMPLE STEPS TO GET READY
- NSW Government’s Get Ready website which has information for individuals, councils, community service organisations and businesses so you can become disaster ready.
- Council’s Emergencies and Disasters web page which contains information on who you can call for help, or how you can get the latest update during emergency situations.
- Council’s Disaster Dashboard provides an easy to use source of emergency information.
- Council’s Emergency Risk Management web page which contains information about the Northern Rivers Local Emergency Management Plan which has prepared to reduce the potential effects of emergency events in the local government areas of Kyogle Council, Lismore City Council and Richmond Valley Council.
- Council’s Community Resilience Plan – is an action plan developed in consultation with the community and designed to strengthen local community capacity to plan and prepare for and recover from future disasters including bushfire, floods and cyclones.
Get ready for bush fires
The bush fire danger is every present and every household should make a plan that will provide you, your family, and your property with the best chance of survival.
That’s the message a series of new Get Ready for Bush Fire videos wants everybody to remember in the aftermath of last year’s Black Summer bushfire season, which destroyed 2,476 homes across New South Wales.