https://www.kyogle.nsw.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Before-Campbells-Road-rotated.jpg 443 591 janelle https://www.kyogle.nsw.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/kyogle-council-nsw-logo-2019.png janelle2022-03-14 16:31:382022-03-14 16:31:38Council Roads Update – Afternoon 14 March 2022
The Bruxner Highway is restricted to one lane at two locations west of Mummulgum.
Landslips have closed one lane of the highway on the Mallanganee Range and near Rogers Road east of Tabulam.
Both lane closures are expected to remain in place for sometime.
Kyogle Road at the Cawongla Range is closed to all traffic from 8.30am to 3.30 pm on weekdays. It continues to be open to one-lane of traffic outside of these hours.
It is open weekends.
PLEASE NOTE motorists have been driving around the road closed signs at the Cawongla Range slip while work to remediate the site is in progress. This is extremely dangerous, very ill advised and could result in serious injuries to Council staff and motorists. DO NOT DRIVE PAST ANY ROAD CLOSED SIGN.
Other roads that remain closed that have detours in place are:
• Dyraaba Road (grading the northern end of Dyraaba Road has started)
• Lillian Rock Road (the landslip has deteriorated and Council is assessing whether temporary solution is still achievable)
• Tunglebung Creek Road
• Geneva Street, Kyogle (detour is expected to be in place long term)
Roads (isolating residents) that remain closed are:
• Dugans Road – works are expected to recommence tomorrow (Tuesday) building a detour around the landslip.
• Capeen Creek Road remains closed at the second last bridge. There are two load limited bridges between Old Bonalbo and the bridge. Council is currently working on the first of two side-tracks that will allow us to access the damaged bridge.
Residents in these areas that need assistance should contact the SES either by phone 132 500 or via the SES website https://www.ses.nsw.gov.au/
Council is still assessing its road network and appreciates your help in identifying problems. You can report issues by:
• Calling Kyogle Council business hours 02 6632 1611 after hours and emergency number 02 6626 6800
• Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
• On line at https://www.kyogle.nsw.gov.au/…/jobs-news…/contact/
There will be no roads update tomorrow unless the situation changes dramatically.
Below are photos of Campbells Road following the flood and then after urgent repairs undertaken Council.