Kyogle Council’s executive team is made up of three people: the General Manager, the Director Assets and Infrastructure Services and the Director Planning and Environmental Services.
The General Manager Graham Kennett is responsible for the efficient and effective operation of Council and for ensuring the implementation, without undue delay, of decisions of the elected council.
Under Council’s organisational structure, the general manager also oversees the management of:
- Community relationships
- Rates and charges
- Policy development
- Human resources Media relations
- Work, health and safety Procurement
- Governance Crown reserves
- Land management
DIRECTOR PLANNING AND ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
The Director Planning and Environmental Services is Chris White. He is responsible to the General Manager and leads Council’s planning and environment team.
Mr White oversees:
- Planning services
- Environmental services
- Building control Compliance
- Regulatory services
- Waste management
- Plumbing and trade waste inspections
- Tourism and event planning
- Economic development
- Community and cultural services
DIRECTOR OF ASSETS AND INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICES
The Director of Assets and Infrastructure Services is Tony Lickiss. He is responsible to the General Manager and leads Council’s assets and infrastructure team.
Mr Lickiss oversees
- Emergency services
- Roads and bridges
- RMS contract works
- Project design and management
- GIS and technical services
- Water supply
- Sewerage servicesAsset management Stormwater and flood management
- Parks, gardens, and cemeteries
- Facilities maintenance
- Plant, fleet and depots (including stores)
- Management of aquatic centres
It is a statutory requirement that all councils have a Public Officer, a role which serves a number of important functions. The Public Officer:
- may deal with requests from the public concerning the council’s affairs
- has the responsibility of assisting people to gain access to public documents of the council
- may receive submissions made to the council
- may accept service of documents on behalf of the council
- may represent the council in any legal or other proceedings
- has such other functions as may be conferred or imposed on the public officer by the general manager or by or under this Act.
The public officer is subject to the direction of the general manager. Kyogle Council’s Public Officer is Marcus Schintler. You can email the Public Officer on Marcus.email@example.com or contact him on (02) 6632 1611.