Kyogle Council has partnered with Service NSW so that people can do their driving tests in Kyogle.
Service NSW will provide driving tests fortnightly on Tuesdays from the Kyogle Council Administration Centre (1 Stratheden Street, Kyogle) from 10am – 3pm beginning on 20 August 2019.
Kyogle Council Mayor Cr Danielle Mulholland said the partnership between Council and Service NSW meant that young people no longer had to travel to Casino, Lismore or Murwillumbah to get their provisional licence.
“We’re working hard to deliver services for young people in our community,” Cr Mulholland said.
“They will now be able to do their driving test and be issued with an interim licence right here in Kyogle, which is really great news.
“Older driver driving tests will also be available at Kyogle from now on and I know that will mean a lot to our more senior residents.”
Bookings for the driving tests are essential and can be made by either calling 13 77 88, dropping into a Service NSW centre at Lismore, Casino, or Murwillumbah or going online to www.service.nsw.gov.au.
Kyogle Council also has a Service NSW Self-Serve kiosk at its administration centre in Kyogle.
Self-serve kiosks are not staffed, however people are able to use the kiosk computer to go online to:
- Renew vehicle and vessel registrations
- Order a replacement for a lost, stolen or damaged driver licence (driver licence applications or renewals cannot be completed at a self-serve kiosk)
- Apply for an E-Toll Account
- Order personalised number plates
- Make changes to their RMS personal contact information
- Renew an individual contractor’s licence
- Check a builder or tradesperson’s licence
- Apply for a NSW Seniors Card
- National Park annual passes
- Fishing licences
- Pay a penalty notice