Kyogle Council’s $209.7 million four-year draft budget is a once in a lifetime investment in the future, Kyogle Mayor Cr Danielle Mulholland said.
The record budget, which Council adopted on Monday night (12 April 2021) for public consultation, includes a $50.8 million project to replace 84 aging timber bridges.
“Kyogle has set a new benchmark for renewing essential infrastructure,” Cr Mulholland said.
“No other Council in the State will undertake a bridge replacement program of this size.
“The replacement of 84 bridges ensures vital infrastructure for the next 100 years and beyond. With this investment we secure the future for generations to come.
“But it’s not all about bridges, this budget provides further investment in our villages, roads, preschools, parks, gardens, pools, library services and community.
“I’m happy to announce that 2021/22 budget allocation of $62.7 million includes;
- $3.7 million for urban streets, including footpaths and kerb and guttering
- $3.5 million for buildings and community facilities, including parks and gardens, pools and cemeteries
- $3.4 million for rural local roads
- $530,000 for library services
- $100,000 in financial assistance to groups including,
- three Australia Day Committees,
- learn to swim/life education,
- three Show Societies and
- Reconciliation Day and NAIDOC week.
- $119,000 for the Roxy Gallery
- $69,500 for pre-schools.
Cr Mulholland thanked the State and Federal governments for the record grant funding provided, but vowed to continue lobbying for further funding so Council could deliver beyond expectations.
To view the draft budget follow this link. Hard copies are also available to view at Council’s administration centre, Wadeville store, Woodenbong Post Office, Tabulam Post Office, Cawongla store, Mallanganee Post Office, Old Bonalbo Post Office, Kyogle Library, Wiangaree Post Office, Bonalbo Post Office, and the mobile library.
Submissions on teh draft budget and fees and charges should be made in writing by 4pm on 12 May 2021 to the General Manager, 1 Stratheden Street, Kyogle or to email@example.com.