https://www.kyogle.nsw.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Causeway-2.jpg 1512 2016 janelle https://www.kyogle.nsw.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/kyogle-council-nsw-logo-2019.png janelle2022-03-31 15:55:032022-03-31 16:30:43Kyogle road update – afternoon 31 March 2022
Roads which were closed yesterday due to flooding, and which are now open are:
- Hayes Road at the bridge
- Gradys Creek Road at Main Creek
- Needhams Road at Tooloom Creek Bridge
- Mahoneys Lane at the bridge
- Boorabee Creek Road at the first causeway
- Bolziccos Road at the culvert
- Walshs Road at the bridge
- Taverners Road
- Ryans Creek Road
Council also expects to re-open Clarence Way through the Yabbra Scrub this afternoon once road crews finish cleaning up a landslip.
Roads that remain closed due to flood damage are:
- Boundary Creek Road
- Simpkins Creek Road
- Capeen Creek Road
- Roseberry Creek Road
Council’s priority tomorrow will be to open all four of these roads.
Roads that Council expects to remain closed for some time, and which have alternate routes, are:
- Geneva Street
- Lions Road (at Murphy Standfield’s culvert)
- Lillian Rock Road
- Boomi Creek Road
- Williams Road at Barker Bridge
The Bruxner Highway remains open to all traffic, although traffic is reduced to one lane under traffic light control at the Mallanganee Range and Rodgers Road.
Work restarted today on the Cawongla landslip remediation project. Kyogle Road will be closed at the landslip again tomorrow from 8.30am-3.30pm, and will re-open to one lane of traffic after 3.30pm. It will remain open all weekend and will close again on Monday, 4 April, from 8.30am-3.30pm.
For all local road information, go to myfoadinfo by following this link. Council is continuing to assess its road and bridge network and myroadinfo will be updated as information comes to hand.
Council appreciates your help in identifying problems. You can report issues by:
- Calling Kyogle Council business hours 02 6632 1611 after hours and emergency number 02 6626 6800
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- On line by following this link.
Please remember to take care on the road, drive to the conditions and do not drive or walk through floodwater.