Kyogle Council is seeking expressions of interest to join its Internal Audit Committee.
The Internal Audit Committee’s role is to provide an independent oversight and monitoring of Council’s internal controls, external audit, risk management and compliance.
The committee meets quarterly and the current membership model consists of one Councillor and two independent members, at least one of whom has financial expertise.
Council currently has a vacancy for an independent member and seeks interest from applicants with the following skills;
- Knowledge of local government;
- Strong communication skills;
- High levels of personal integrity and ethics;
- Sufficient time available to devote to their responsibilities as a committee member;
- High levels of financial literacy and, if possible, accounting, financial, legal compliance and/or risk management experience or qualifications.
If you would like to join the committee, send an expression of interest outlining your skills, appropriate qualifications, and experience to the General Manager, Kyogle Council, PO Box 11, Kyogle, 2474 or email email@example.com by 4pm Friday, 27 July 2018.
For further information and a copy of the committee Charter contact Marcus Schintler on 6632 1611 or at firstname.lastname@example.org