FREE DOG MICROCHIPPING AND REGISTRATION
To celebrate National Dog Day on 26 August 2023, Kyogle Council will be providing free microchipping and registration throughout August for desexed dogs living in the Kyogle local government area.
In NSW, all dogs (other than exempt dogs) must be microchipped by 12 weeks of age, or before being sold or given away, whichever happens first. All dogs must also be registered by six months of age.
Normally a once-only registration fee is payable when you register your dog, which covers your dog for its lifetime in NSW, regardless of any changes in ownership. However, during August, Council will provide free microchipping and registration for dogs that have been desexed before reaching six months of age, dogs with written notification from a vet that they should not be desexed, or dogs kept by a recogniser breeder for breeding purposes, saving pet owners up to $100 per dog. In addition, every dog registered will receive a free care pack containing information and products to help you care for your dog. You will also go into the draw to win a Pinnacle Pet Fort Dog Kennel valued at up to $270.
Council officers will be holding five microchipping and registration sessions in Kyogle, Woodenbong, Bonalbo, Tabulam and Mallanganee between 8 – 22 August (see locations and dates below). All you need to do is:
- If your dog is under six months of age and not already desexed, make an appointment with a local vet before mid-August to have your dog desexed. Make sure you obtain a letter, certificate or a clear receipt from the vet confirming your dog has been desexed and how old your dog was when desexed.
- Bring your dog to one of Council’s free microchipping and registration sessions. Make sure you bring the following information with you:
- If your dog is already microchipped, a copy of the Permanent Identification Form completed when your dog was microchipped
- A letter, certificate or receipt from a vet confirming your dog is desexed or should not be desexed
- If you are a recognised breeder, proof of current membership of Dogs NSW, documentation verifying the dog is a breed accepted by Dogs NSW and a signed statement that the dog is kept for breeding purposes.
Free dog microchipping and registration sessions:
- Woodenbong: Tuesday, 8 August 2023 from 9am – 11am at Woodenbong Park (behind the Woodenbong Public Hall)
- Bonalbo: Tuesday, 8 August 2023 from 1pm – 3pm at Norman Johnson Park
- Kyogle: Tuesday, 15 August 2023 from 9am – 12pm at Anzac Park Basketball Court, Kyogle
- Tabulam: Tuesday, 22 August 2023 from 10am – 11:30am at the Tabulam Sports Ground
- Mallanganee: Tuesday, 22 August 2023 from 1pm – 2:30pm at the Mallanganee Memorial Park.