Local businesses battling the impact of the coronavirus shutdown can pre-register now for a $10,000 NSW Covid-19 Small Business Support Grant.
The grants are to help small businesses stay afloat.
The application form for the grant will not be available on the Service NSW website until 17 April. However, small businesses can pre-register for someone to call them when the program goes live. To do that, go to https://mybusiness.service.nsw.gov.au/concierge
To be eligible for a $10,000 Small Business Support Grant, businesses will need to:
• have between 1-19 employees and a turnover of more than $75,000
• a payroll below the NSW Government 2019-20 payroll tax threshold of $900,000
• have an Australian Business Number as at 1 March 2020, be based in NSW and employ staff as at 1 March 2020
• be highly impacted by the Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order 2020 issued on 30 March 2020
• use the funding for unavoidable business costs such as utilities, overheads, legal costs and financial advice
• provide appropriate documentation upon application.
Eligible industries are those that have been subject to closure or are highly impacted by NSW Government health directions in relation to COVID-19 and include:
• Retail trade
• Accommodation and food service
• Rental, hiring and real estate services
• Administrative and support services
• Arts and recreation services.