KYOGLE COUNCIL ROADS UPDATE – MORNING 8 MARCH 2022
Nine roads remained closed with detours in place.
- Bruxner Highway at the Mallanganee Range (works have begun)
- Kyogle Road at the Cawongla Range (works have begun)
- Paddys Flat Road
- Pines Road (works have begun)
- Dyraaba Road (Council will begin grading the northern end of Dyraaba Road later in the week to make the alternate route safer)
- Lillian Rock Road
- Tabulam Road (works have begun)
- Hootons Road
- Tunglebung Creek Road
These roads will become Council’s priority once we have restored access to the remaining isolated residents.
Transport for NSW are managing the Bruxner Highway landslip on the Mallanganee Range. A detour is available via Woodenbong.
Work has started on a side track on Kyogle Road at the Cawongla Range.
Please note that The Summerland Way at Burnetts Creek is down to one lane under traffic control lights due to a landslip.
Roads (isolating residents) Council expects to open before the end of this week include:
- Lofts Pinnacle Road (works started today)
- Gabal Road (works start tomorrow)
- The Risk Road (works have begun)
Roads (isolating residents) Council expects to open before the end of next week include:
- Capeen Creek Road (works have begun)
Residents in these areas that need assistance should contact the SES either by phone 132 500 or via the SES website https://www.ses.nsw.gov.au/
Council is still assessing its road network and appreciates your help in identifying problems. You can report issues by:
- Calling Kyogle Council business hours 02 6632 1611 after hours and emergency number 02 6626 6800
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- * On line at https://www.kyogle.nsw.gov.au/…/jobs-news…/contact/
Residents are asked to still avoid all non-essential travel as we work to restore access and keep up to date with information as it comes to hand at https://www.livetraffic.com/