https://www.kyogle.nsw.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Dugans-Road.jpg 418 627 janelle https://www.kyogle.nsw.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/kyogle-council-nsw-logo-2019.png janelle2022-03-11 09:51:462022-03-11 09:53:06Kyogle Council roads update – morning 11 March 2022
The Bruxner Highway at the Mallanganee Range is expected to open to one lane of traffic Saturday afternoon at the earliest.
Traffic flow will be controlled by lights.
One lane of the Kyogle Road past the landslip on the Cawongla Range is expected to open to traffic this afternoon. Traffic flow will be controlled by traffic lights.
Council plans to close the road during business hours on weekdays so road crews can continue their work to remediate the landslip. It will close after school buses services have passed the site in the morning and will re-open in the afternoon to allow school buses through. It will then remain open until the following morning. Council will confirm opening and closing times in the afternoon update.
Roads that remain closed that have detours in place are:
- Bruxner Highway at the Mallanganee Range (works have begun, may open at the weekend)
- Kyogle Road at the Cawongla Range (works have begun on a side track)
- Paddys Flat Road (expected to open today)
- Dyraaba Road (grading the northern end of Dyraaba Road has started)
- Lillian Rock Road (the landslip has deteriorated and Council is assessing whether temporary solution is still achievable)
- Tunglebung Creek Road
- Geneva Street, Kyogle
Roads (isolating residents) Council expects to open this week are:
- Booths Road (works have begun)
- Dugans Road, pictured, (road slipped again, works have begun)
Roads (isolating residents) Council expects to open before the end of the month include:
- Capeen Creek Road (works have begun)
Residents in these areas that need assistance should contact the SES either by phone 132 500 or via the SES website https://www.ses.nsw.gov.au/
Council is still assessing its road network and appreciates your help in identifying problems. You can report issues by:
- Calling Kyogle Council business hours 02 6632 1611 after hours and emergency number 02 6626 6800
- Emailing email@example.com
- On line at https://www.kyogle.nsw.gov.au/…/jobs-news…/contact/