Kyogle’s drink container collection point opening soon
Kyogle’s drink container manual collection point is on track to open on Monday 29 January 2018 at the Kyogle landfill.
It will operate during normal landfill opening hours and is the first Council-operated manual collection point in the Northern Rivers.
People will be able to take their eligible drink containers to the landfill (first go to the weighbridge for further directions), hand them in at the collection point and receive cash.
Residents are advised that under the Container Deposit Scheme:
- Crushed cans will NOT be accepted
- Bottles must NOT be broken
- Bottle lids should NOT be put inside bottles
- Containers should be completely empty, and eligible flavoured milk containers should be rinsed to prevent odour
- The barcode on the container must be able to be read when processed off-site
- NOT ALL containers are eligible for a refund (for further information, go to http://www.epa.nsw.gov.au/your-environment/recycling-and-reuse/return-and-earn)
Large numbers of containers are expected to be dropped off in the first few weeks after opening. To make counting easier and reduce on-site delays, customers are asked to:
- Fill empty cardboard cartons with the empty drink containers
- If bags are used to transport containers, count the number of containers at home and record the number eg write on side of bag
- Bring bags in units of 50 or 100 containers
- Limit the number of containers to no more than 500 at a time, otherwise substantial delays may result.
Please note, under the scheme residents dropping off more than 500 containers at a time must sign a refund declaration and provide proof of identify, such as a drivers licence.