Disaster assistance has been made available for Tabulam and district communities affected by the bushfires.
Assistance has been provided through the jointly funded Commonwealth-State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA).
A range of assistance is now available to help people who have been affected by the bushfires as well as funding for operational response activities.
Assistance measures available under the DRFA may include:
– help for eligible people whose homes or belongings have been damaged;
– support for affected local councils to help with the costs of cleaning up and restoring damaged essential public assets;
– concessional interest rate loans for small businesses, primary producers, and non-profit companies;
– freight subsidies for primary producers; and
– grants for eligible non-profit organisations.
For information on personal hardship and distress assistance, contact the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 227 228.
To apply for a concessional loan, grant or freight subsidy, contact the NSW Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593 or visit www.raa.nsw.gov.au
Further information about disaster assistance is available on the Australian Government’s Disaster Assist website at www.disasterassist.gov.au and the NSW emergency information and response website at www.emergency.nsw.gov.au
For the latest information about the bushfire situation, go to www.rfs.nsw.gov.au, or call the bushfire information line on 1800 679 737.