Kyogle Council is facilitating a series of community meetings to establish village groups to manage setup of temporary emergency evacuation centres. This project depends on community involvement and Council would like the input of as many people and organisations as possible in each village.
The first round of village meetings held in the villages of Tabulam, Woodenbong, Wiangaree, Bonalbo, and Mallanganee were well supported.
The second round of meetings will be held on the following dates;
- Tabulam Public Hall – Thursday, 27 June 2019
- Wiangaree Public Hall – Tuesday, 23 July 2019
- Woodenbong Public Hall – Wednesday, 24 July 2019
- Bonalbo Memorial Hall – Tuesday, 30 July 2019
- Mallanganee Memorial Hall – Wednesday, 31 July 2019
Doors opening at 5:15pm for a 5:30pm start with light refreshments provided.
****RSVP attendance to Jacquie Horder via email Jacqueline.firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 02 6632 0221 by 2pm, the day before the meeting
Any person or organisation interested in helping to establish emergency response in their village is encouraged to contact Council via email to email@example.com or telephone (02) 6632 0221 for more information.