Local community groups have the chance to apply for grants under the Federal Government’s Solar Communities Program to undertake small scale renewable energy generation and storage projects.
Grants of between $2500 and $12,500 are available under the program which is only being offered to community groups in 36 electorates, including Page and Richmond, throughout the country.
Projects could include purchase and installation of solar photovoltaic systems, battery storage for solar photovoltaic systems and solar hot water systems.
To be eligible community groups must:
- be located in an eligible region
- have at least $2,500 of eligible expenditure
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- provide a letter of consent from the building owner/manager, if you are not the building owner/manager
- ensure you use an installer that is accredited and licensed to perform the relevant electrical/plumbing work (for solar photovoltaic generation and battery storage systems installers must also be accredited with the Clean Energy Council)
- provide the relevant mandatory attachments.
Applications will close at 5pm AEST on Thursday 31 May 2018.
For further information click here.