- About Kyogle & District
- About the Council
- Meetings, Mayor & Councillors
- administration and community
- development information
- economic development
- emergency risk management
- environmental services
- library services
- roads, streets & bridges
- planning services
- water services
- Community Facilities
- 149 Certificate Applications
- Development Applications
- Associated Forms for Development Applications
- Planning & Environment Forms
- Roads, Water, & Sewer Forms
- OSMS Application Forms
- Cemetery Application Forms
- Administration & Community
- Companion Animals Forms
- On public exhibition
- Fees and charges
On public exhibition
Kyogle Council is committed to consulting with the community and encourages feedback and input from the public at every opportunity.
Council places a range of documents on exhibition for public comment.
Copies of items on public exhibition are available for viewing at Council's administration centre at 1 Stratheden Street, Kyogle, during normal business hours Monday to Friday from 8.30am-4pm throughout the exhibition period.
You can lodge a submission on all items on public display by following the quick links at the bottom of the page or by writing to the General Manager, Kyogle Council, PO Box 11, Kyogle, NSW, 2474.
All documents currently on public display are listed below.
PROPOSED AMENDMENT NUMBER 9 TO KYOGLE LOCAL ENVIRONMENTAL PLAN 2012
Planning proposal to remove minimum lot size in an area of Kyogle
Council resolved at its Ordinary Meeting of February 8, 2016 to support a planning proposal to amend the Kyogle Local Environmental Plan 2012 (LEP) to remove the existing 1,500m2 minimum lot size and apply no minimum lot size to an area of land in Kyogle as indicated on the image below;
The objectives of the proposed amendment are:
- Change the existing 1,500m2 minimum lot size to no minimum lot size.
- Allow for the subdivision of existing lots into smaller lots suitable for medium density housing in the form of smaller dwellings on their own lot.
- Ensure that development of smaller lots (and future dwellings on those lots) does not have adverse impacts on streetscape or residential amenity of existing dwellings.
The Minister for Planning has delegated the making of the amending LEP to Council, should it proceed.
PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO KYOGLE DEVELOPMENT CONTROL PLAN 2014
Amendments to Chapter 2 Subdivision and addition of a new chapter; Chapter 11 Dwellings on Small Lots
Council resolved at its Ordinary Meeting of February 8, 2016 to support an amendment to the Kyogle Development Control Plan 2014 (DCP). The proposed amendment is intended to provide development guidelines relevant to:
- the subdivision of land affected by proposed LEP Amendment No. 9 and;
- the development of dwellings on lots with an area of less than 500m2.
The Draft LEP Amendment and associated DCP guidelines will be available for viewing for a period of 44 days from Wednesday, December 21, 2016 up to and including Friday, February 3, 2017 at Kyogle Council Administration Building at 1 Stratheden Street, Kyogle during business hours or by clicking on the link below.
Council invites submissions on the Draft LEP Amendment and DCP guidelines from any person during the period stated above. The Gateway Determination may be viewed here. Submissions should be made in writing and addressed to:
‘The Acting General Manager, Kyogle Council, PO Box 11 Kyogle NSW 2474’ or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Council’s Planning Department on 6632 0293 should you wish to discuss the LEP or DCP amendments or require further information.